Automation Engineer - South Africa
DIVISION: MAGICORANGE SA
LOCATION: DURBAN, SOUTH AFRICA
This role is an opportunity for a candidate to add an impactful contribution to our business. The incumbent of this role will be responsible for following high-quality standards across both software development and client experience. The role contributes to the company’s mission/strategic objectives to provide exceptional product and experience quality at all times.
Software Quality Assurance
Ensures that the standards and processes are followed whilst conducting testing and that all software is thoroughly tested and fulfils the requirements to ensure high quality product releases. Key Functions include:
- Takes responsibility for quality assurance activities, providing test effort estimates and identifying test scenarios.
- Reviews User Story acceptance criteria
- Creates test cases independently using selected tools.
- Assists with setting up QA automation
- Collaborate with QA Lead to develop effective strategies and test plans
- Raises risks related to both the product and the project as soon as they are discovered
- Investigates defined issues with uncertain cause and solicits input in gathering data that may help to identify and differentiate the symptoms and root causes of defined problems
- Identifies software issues, defines regression tests for current and future projects
- Work within agile cross-functional team to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Report on status of quality for assigned product
Client Experience Quality
Ensure clients perception of quality is always held to a high standard. This includes managing client interactions regarding software quality whilst adhering to defined processes and standards. Quality queries are to be handled and resolved timeously and professionally. Key functions include:
- Assists QA Lead with upholding an exceptional experience for clients
- Assisting with live technical and product issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Efficiently handles client interactions by following standardized procedures and by using a ticket logging system.
REQUIRED LEVEL OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree (BSc Comp Sci) or Diploma
- Quality Assurance/Software Testing Certification (ISEB/ISTQB/SQAMM)
- At least 3 years software testing experience
Essential Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in consistently delivering against agreed timelines.
- Problem solving skills and good attention to detail.
- Good knowledge of Agile Scrum methodology and of testing process therein
- Knowledge of various software testing techniques, methods and documentation.
- Solid understanding of business processes.
- Understanding of technical requirements and software design.
- Ability to compile test cases, test plans and reports.
- Understanding of SQL and basic understanding of C#.
- Financial/accounting domain and systems experience.
- Background in Microsoft development and testing stack.
- Familiar with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery.
- Automation Testing experience.
Implementation Consultant - Florida, USA
DIVISION: MAGICORANGE USA
LOCATION: PREFERENCE GIVEN TO SOUTH EAST FLORIDA (BOCA RATON AREA) OR TAMPA BAY
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for a Cost Modeling Consultant in the cost accounting domain, specifically shared services, to join a growing team of experienced professionals and an expanding client base.
The Consultant will work across all client areas assisting in the delivery and the implementation of the MagicOrange tool set.
Large components of the work will involve understanding client processes and transforming large data sets for multinational enterprise scale clients and processing through the MagicOrange tool set. As such the ability to understand client processes and information sources and the ability to leverage these to enable valuable insights to drive informed decision making by senior management.
Further development of the right individual would involve the role evolving to client interactions and ownership of areas of delivery.
REQUIRED LEVEL OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree
- Professional qualification of Certified Public Accountant or similar
- Experience with Microsoft Excel at an advanced level (VLOOKUP, Pivot tables, Indexes, Basic VBA)
- Experience with Activity Based Costing, Cost Transparency, Cost Modelling or Technology Business Management
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to manipulate and transform large data sets in a timely and accurate fashion
- Ability to work to a deadline and prioritize and manage workload independently
- Takes the initiative and drives their own deliverables while contributing to a fast-paced deliverable focused team environment
- Capability to quickly understand data, processes and procedures and identify the value-add capabilities contained within the data.
- Capability to learn new systems and technologies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Management and project experience in a Financial Services environment is desirable
- Consulting experience is beneficial but not essential
- Experience in activity-based costing and cost allocations desirable but not essential
- Experience of visualization tools such as Power BI desirable but not essential
- Basic understanding of IT infrastructure stack
- Experience working at one of the big 4 consulting firms, Deloitte, KMPG, PwC or EY