DIVISION: MAGICORANGE SA
LOCATION: DURBAN, SOUTH AFRICA
This role is an opportunity for a candidate to add an impactful contribution to our business. The incumbent of this role will be responsible for following high-quality standards across both software development and client experience. The role contributes to the company’s mission/strategic objectives to provide exceptional product and experience quality at all times.
Software Quality Assurance
Ensures that the standards and processes are followed whilst conducting testing and that all software is thoroughly tested and fulfils the requirements to ensure high quality product releases. Key Functions include:
- Takes responsibility for quality assurance activities, providing test effort estimates and identifying test scenarios.
- Reviews User Story acceptance criteria
- Creates test cases independently using selected tools.
- Assists with setting up QA automation
- Collaborate with QA Lead to develop effective strategies and test plans
- Raises risks related to both the product and the project as soon as they are discovered
- Investigates defined issues with uncertain cause and solicits input in gathering data that may help to identify and differentiate the symptoms and root causes of defined problems
- Identifies software issues, defines regression tests for current and future projects
- Work within agile cross-functional team to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Report on status of quality for assigned product
Client Experience Quality
Ensure clients perception of quality is always held to a high standard. This includes managing client interactions regarding software quality whilst adhering to defined processes and standards. Quality queries are to be handled and resolved timeously and professionally. Key functions include:
- Assists QA Lead with upholding an exceptional experience for clients
- Assisting with live technical and product issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Efficiently handles client interactions by following standardized procedures and by using a ticket logging system.
REQUIRED LEVEL OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree (BSc Comp Sci) or Diploma
- Quality Assurance/Software Testing Certification (ISEB/ISTQB/SQAMM)
- At least 3 years software testing experience
Essential Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in consistently delivering against agreed timelines.
- Problem solving skills and good attention to detail.
- Good knowledge of Agile Scrum methodology and of testing process therein
- Knowledge of various software testing techniques, methods and documentation.
- Solid understanding of business processes.
- Understanding of technical requirements and software design.
- Ability to compile test cases, test plans and reports.
- Understanding of SQL and basic understanding of C#.
- Financial/accounting domain and systems experience.
- Background in Microsoft development and testing stack.
- Familiar with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery.
- Automation Testing experience.