MagicOrange is a leader in the IT Financial Management Software market recognised by Gartner with customers and a presence in four continents. MagicOrange is a Software as a Service provider currently in a high growth phase. Our mission is to make people and organizations more valuable.
The MagicOrange product is an exciting profitability and cost-transparency offering which is pivotal to MagicOrange’s success.
The Business Analyst role provides strategic business analysis services to business partners. The focus of this position is to work closely with the business units to gain an in-depth understanding of the customer’s business strategy, processes, services, roadmap, and the context in which the business operates. This role will be key to understanding the documenting capabilities needed to address business challenges.
The Business Analyst is responsible for reviewing assigned business processes from end to end to identify and address operational, financial, and technological risks. Identify opportunities to improve efficiency. Primary responsibilities will include a full range of activities from leading small to mid-size projects to assisting project owners on larger more complex projects related to operational business functions that affect team members and providers at the market level.
Requirement Elicitation & Research
- Elicit and clearly document business and systems requirements
- Stay current with customer needs and strategies; utilise formal and informal written communication methods to communicate updates and findings; and facilitate project meetings and presentations to all types of diverse audiences (for example, senior management, Customers, and technical staff)
- Conduct Market and Competitor analysis in relation to new business requirements.
- Identify improvement opportunities (proactive and reactive)
- Identify ways to increase adoption and customer satisfaction
Solution Analysis & Design
- Identify, create and facilitate process design changes by conducting business and systems process analysis and design at a complex level; focusing on quality improvement and data management; ensuring data is reliable and valid; developing process improvements or re-engineering and recommending elimination; integrating new systems and processes with existing ones; and partnering with internal and external customers to ensure systems provided meet the long-term business strategies
- Provide project-level analysis – producing required project analysis documentation (business requirements, scope matrix, use cases, sequence diagrams, future state proposals, UAT plan)
- Ability to analyze and synthesize business requirements, including recognizing patterns and conceptualizing processes
- Participate in multiple projects by completing and updating project documentation; managing project scope; adjusting schedules when necessary; determining daily priorities; ensuring efficient and on-time delivery of project tasks and milestones; following proper escalation paths; and managing customer and supplier relationships
- Support and align efforts to meet customer and business needs
- Assess business process and system inefficiencies
- Demonstrated fluency in business processes and process differentiation
- Review Development output to ensure it meets business requirement documents and user stories.
- Meet with the project team regularly to review project deliverables and deadlines
- Support system conversions, upgrades, and enhancements including bug testing.
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in Information Systems and apply this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices
- Serve as a liaison between Operations and IT to assist or gather business requirements needed for system modifications, enhancement, and implementations
- Manage customer relationships and expectations by developing a communication process to keep others up to date on project results
- Provide leadership to team members and peers by collaborating with others; articulating ideas and viewpoints to senior management, peers, and others; identifying and initiating projects; managing resources; driving the resolution of issues; and holding self and team accountable for results
- Provide and support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes and new responsibilities
- Understand and negotiate the needs and expectations of multiple stakeholders
- Degree or relevant technical qualification
- Business Analyst Certification (CCBA Level 2) or equivalent (advantageous)
- 2 – 3 years solid experience as a Business Analyst or related field
- Theoretical and practical project management knowledge
Skills and Requirements
- Strong ability to interact with client business areas to elicit requirements
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Very good research skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Computer literate
- Proactive and accurate – attention to detail – quality is not negotiable
- Ability to be creative and think laterally
- Ability to prioritise tasks and time management skills, ability to work across various projects
- Ability to understand and work with different cultures professionally
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow and suggest improvements to procedures
- Ability to communicate both technical and non-technical information, depending on the audience
What we Offer
- An open and collaborative culture with a strong entrepreneurial spirit. The ability to make an impact and see the rewards of your efforts come to life.
- Ongoing training on the latest technologies to aid automation for accountants.
- Be part of a high-growth company and product within an expanding industry.
- A challenging career in an innovative company.
- Opportunity to influence, working in an open climate, close to decision makers at large blue-chip enterprises with the possibility to make a difference.
- A competitive remuneration package, with flexible pension options.
- Flexibility to structure your work-life balance within an outcome-orientated environment.