MagicOrange is a leader in the IT Financial Management Software market recognised by Gartner with customers and presence in four continents. MagicOrange is a Software as a Service provider currently in a high growth phase. Our mission is to make people and organizations more valuable.
Attend a daily scrum to provide an update on your work items, highlighting progress, blockers, or assistance required. Pick up general and technical support of Analytics queries (Reports, Dashboards, data models) as required but focus on the development of new and enhanced reporting offerings as per your planned 2-week sprint.
Participate in planning and project discussions where your valuable expertise and input will aid in delivering best-in-class reporting capabilities.
Be part of a highly skilled and collaborative team to collectively achieve and deliver against the Analytics roadmap.
BI Value Proposition
- Presents a clear product overview and value proposition to clients and stakeholders.
- Researches competitive products and brainstorms innovative product ideas, through market observations and user interactions, assessing ideas for both technical and business suitability.
Manages Requests Backlog
- Translating client requirements into project briefs & product backlogs.
- Conducting business requirements analysis
- Facilitating the prioritization of product backlog of requests by business stakeholders to ensure the highest value ideas are addressed.
- Performs release planning & co-ordination
Manages Client / External Relationships
- Ensuring business SLA’s are achieved and service quality and client expectations are met or exceeded.
- Building and maintaining client/vendors relationships.
BI Feature Development
- Responsible for driving development of BI Feature area.
- Performs development of BI Feature area in an agile manner.
Manages BI Feature
- Manages UAT & BETA programs as needed.
Development to Market
- Prepares documentation and training material as needed to drive adoption
- Degree in Information Systems, Engineering or Computer Sciences or equivalent qualification preferred
- 5 years or more in a data focused role
- Passion for data and solving complex business problems
- Strong ability to research and work independently or in a team
- Strong ETL experience (Any top tier tool – Microsoft stack preferred)
- Strong Data modelling skills (Dimensional modelling/Star Schema/SCD)
- Strong BI performance and optimization techniques
- Exposure to Agile development practices, tools, and techniques
- Financial Services experience would be advantageous
Skills and Requirements
- 2 years or more solid Power BI experience required (DAX, Time Intelligence, Power Query, Power Query M)
- Experience with other top tier visualization tools would be advantageous (Qlik, Tableau etc.)
- 5 years or more solid SSAS Tabular modelling required (+ Multi-Dimensional would be advantageous)
- Experience with SSAS TOMS/TMSL/XMLA endpoints would be highly advantageous
- SSIS/SSRS would be Advantageous
- 5 years or more SQL (+ T-SQL would be advantageous)
- Programming experience (C#, C++, Python etc.) would be advantageous
- Cloud technologies (Advantageous but not essential)