MagicOrange, a prominent player in the IT Financial Management Software industry, has garnered recognition from Gartner. With a global customer base across several industries and presence spanning four continents, we are a Software as a Service (SaaS) provider experiencing rapid growth. Our primary mission is to enhance the value of individuals and organizations.
Position Location – Gauteng, Durban or Cape Town
We are looking for a Consultant in the cost accounting domain, specifically shared services, to join a growing team of experienced professionals and an expanding client base.
The Consultant will work across all client areas assisting in the delivery and the implementation of the MagicOrange tool set.
Large components of the work will involve understanding client processes and transforming large data sets for multinational scale size clients (FTSE listed) and processing through the MagicOrange tool set. As such the ability to understand client processes and information sources and the ability to leverage these to enable valuable insights to drive informed decision making by senior management. Further development of the right individual would involve the role evolving to client interactions and ownership of areas of delivery.
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree (Bachelor of Commerce, Business Science).
- Professional Qualification of either Chartered Accountant (CA) or Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA).
- Experience with Microsoft Excel at an advanced level (X/VLOOKUP, Pivot tables, Indexes, Power Query),
- Experience with Activity Based Costing, Cost Transparency, Cost Modeling or Technology Business Management.
Skills and Requirements
- Ability to manipulate and transform large data sets in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Ability to work to a deadline and prioritise and manage workload independently,
- Takes the initiative and drives their own deliverables while contributing to a fast-paced deliverable focused team environment,
- Capability to quickly understand data, processes and procedures and identify the value-add capabilities contained within the data.
- Capability to learn new systems and technologies,
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Activity Based Costing, Cost Transparency, Cost Modelling or Technology Business Management,
- Experience of visualization tools such as Microsoft Power BI,
- Management and project experience in a Financial Services environment is desirable.
- Consulting experience is beneficial but not essential.
- Experience in activity-based costing and cost allocations desirable but not essential.
- Experience of visualisation tools such as Power BI desirable but not essential
- Basic understanding of IT infrastructure stack
- Experience working at one of the big 4 consulting firms, Deloitte, KMPG, PwC or EY
MagicOrange is committed to the achievement of equity in employment in respect of race, gender and disability!