Location – Gauteng or KwaZulu Natal
MagicOrange is a leader in the IT Financial Management Software market recognised by Gartner, with customers and presence in four continents. MagicOrange is a Software as a Service provider currently in a high growth phase. Our mission is to make people and organisations more valuable.
We are looking for a Financial Data Analyst to join our ever-growing Customer Success team of experienced professionals and an expanding client base across the globe. Customer Success is focused on customers (new and existing) realising value out of using the MagicOrange Platform.
The Analyst will work across all client areas assisting in the implementation, and creation of ongoing value from the MagicOrange Platform at customers.
Large components of the work will involve understanding and improving client processes and transforming large data sets for multinational enterprise-scale clients and processing these through the MagicOrange Platform. As such the ability to understand client processes and information sources and the ability to leverage these to enable valuable insights thereby driving informed decision making by senior management.
Further development of the right individual would involve the role evolving to owning client relationships/accounts and management of areas of delivery. As well as building a network and relationships with multiple customers across many industry verticals across our blue-chip client base.
Every day, you will be helping clients get the most out of MagicOrange, a Gartner recognised established software offering by helping them to drive profitability and unlock value through cost transparency!
As a Financial Data Analyst, you are the face of our organisation and will be measured on your ability to onboard new clients within the defined timelines by gathering accurate data, modeling this within MagicOrange, and showcasing the insights and opportunities therein. You will apply a mix of project management, advisory, relationship building, training, data analysis, and manipulation skills as well as data visualization to drive value and transformation at our customers.
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree.
- Professional Qualification of either Chartered Accountant (CA) or Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA).
- Experience with Microsoft Excel at an advanced level (VLOOKUP, Pivot tables, Indexes, Basic VBA).
- Accounting knowledge and experience with General Ledgers/ERP’s, journal entries, accounting, reconciliations.
Skills and Requirements
- Takes the initiative and drives their own deliverables while contributing to a fast-paced deliverable focused team environment.
- Ability to work to a deadline, prioritize and manage workload independently.
- Capability to learn new systems and technologies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Always striving to improve. Being innovative to drive outstanding outcomes.
- Comfortable with rapid change and working in an open culture.
- Ability to manipulate and transform large data sets in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Capability to quickly understand data, processes, and procedures and identify the value-add capabilities contained within the data.
- Management and project experience in a Financial Services environment is desirable.
- Experience with Activity Based Costing, Cost Transparency, Cost Modelling, IT Financial Management (ITFM) or Technology Business Management (TBM) is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of visualization tools such as Power BI is desirable but not essential.
- Basic understanding of IT infrastructure stack.
- Advisory and consulting experience is beneficial but not essential.
- Experience working at one of the big 4 consulting firms, Deloitte, KMPG, PwC or EY.
What we offer
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit. The ability to make an impact and see the rewards of your efforts.
- Ongoing training on the latest technologies to aid automation for accountants.
- Be part of a high-growth industry and product.
- A challenging career in an innovative company.
- Opportunity to influence, working in an open climate, close to decision-makers at large blue-chip enterprise with the possibility to make a difference.
- A competitive remuneration package, with flexible pension options.