MagicOrange is a leader in the IT Financial Management (‘ITFM’) Software market recognized by Gartner with customers and presence in four continents. MagicOrange is a Software as a Service provider currently in a high growth / scale up phase. Our mission is to make people and organizations more valuable, by delivering transformational outcomes for our customers leveraging the MagicOrange Platform.
We are looking for a US east coast-based individual in the cost accounting domain, specifically shared services to become part of our growing team and contribute to the growth of our Financial Software solution provider company.
The Customer Success Consultant is a hands-on role working across all client areas assisting in the delivery, managing on-boarding, implementation, training and increase adoption, of the MagicOrange tool set. Large components of the work will involve understanding client processes and transforming large data sets for multinational scale size clients (S&P500/FTSE listed) and processing through the MagicOrange tool set. As such the ability to understand client processes and information sources and the ability to leverage these to enable valuable insights to drive informed decision making by senior management.
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree
- Professional Qualification of either Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA).
- Experience with Power BI, Microsoft Excel at an advanced level (VLOOKUP, Pivot tables, Indexes, Power Query).
- Accounting knowledge and experience with General Ledgers/ERP’s, journal entries, accounting, reconciliations.
- Experience with Activity Based Costing, Cost Transparency, Cost Modelling or Technology Business Management.
Skills and Requirements
- Takes the initiative and drives their own deliverables while contributing to a fast-paced deliverable focused team environment
- Ability to work independently to a deadline, prioritize and manage workload
- Capability to learn new systems and technologies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Always striving to improve. Being innovative to drive outstanding outcomes
- Comfortable with rapid change and working in an open culture
- Capability to quickly understand data, processes and procedures and identify the value-add capabilities contained within the data.
- Experience with Activity Based Costing, Cost Transparency, Cost Modelling, IT Cost Optimization, IT Financial Management (ITFM) or Technology Business Management (TBM) is desirable but not essential
- Management and project experience in a Financial Services environment is desirable
- Basic understanding of IT infrastructure stack
- Advisory and consulting experience is beneficial but not essential
- Experience working at one of the big 4 consulting firms, Deloitte, KMPG, PwC or EY
What we Offer
- An open and collaborative culture with a strong entrepreneurial spirit. The ability to make an impact and see the rewards of your efforts come to life.
- Ongoing training on the latest technologies to aid automation for accountants
- Be part of a high growth company and product within an expanding industry.
- A challenging career in an innovative company.
- Opportunity to influence, working in an open climate, close to decision makers at large blue-chip enterprise with the possibility to make a difference
- A competitive remuneration package, with flexible pension options
- Flexibility to structure your work-life balance within an outcome orientated environment
MagicOrange prioritizes diversity, equity, inclusion, and a culture of belonging, and celebrates bringing our courageous, authentic selves to work. We are firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination based on age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, genetic carrier status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, protected veteran status, and other protected classifications.