MagicOrange is a globally recognized leader in the IT Financial Management Software market, as acknowledged by Gartner. With customers and a strong presence on four continents, we are a Software as a Service (SaaS) provider in a high growth phase. Our mission is to empower individuals and organizations, making them more valuable through our innovative software solutions.
Position Location – Gauteng or Durban
We are seeking a Delivery Consultant to join our delivery and consulting practice, reporting into the Global Head of Delivery. You will join a growing team of experienced professionals supporting an expanding client base working on:
- Data and Process Analysis: Large components of the work will involve understanding client processes, transforming large data sets for multinational scale size clients (FTSE listed), and processing this through the MagicOrange tool set.
- Software Configuration: Lead the delivery team in utilising the MagicOrange tool set to load customer data, configure their cost model, create allocation strategies, and build out end user reporting.
- Insights: Leverage your understanding of client processes and data with MagicOrange to derive insights and guide decision making by senior management. Guide the customer in how to realise value from these insights.
- Solution Architecture: You will be responsible for developing and implementing the target solution architecture with the customer, and leading the delivery analysts in the deployment of this.
- Customer Consulting: You will be the principal contact when working our customers to understand their requirements, educate them on the use of MagicOrange, and present back information from within the tool.
- Collaboration: Work with other consultants in the execution of the above responsibilities. Take a lead role in helping with the development of junior team members.
- Feedback: Be able to feedback to our product and sales teams about customer requirements and trends.
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Certification in Accounting, ITIL or TOGAF is favorable
- Experience with Microsoft Excel (X/VLOOKUP, Pivot tables, Indexes, Power Query)
- Experience with Activity Based Costing, Cost Transparency, ITFM, Cost Modelling or Technology Business Management preferred
- At least 5 years’ experience in technology consulting or financial services
Skills and Requirements
- Ability to manipulate and transform large data sets in a timely and accurate fashion
- Ability to work to a deadline and prioritise and manage workload independently
- Takes the initiative and drives their own deliverables while contributing to a fast-paced deliverable focused team environment
- Capability to quickly understand data, processes and procedures and identify the value-add capabilities contained within the data
- Capability to learn new systems and technologies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of understanding and implementing against customer requirements, and leading customer conversations
- Experience of visualization tools such as Microsoft Power BI
- Management and project experience in a Financial Services environment
- Experience in activity-based costing and cost allocations
- Basic understanding of IT infrastructure stack
- Experience with Public Cloud (AWS, Azure etc.)
- Understanding of corporate Budgeting and Forecasting process
What we offer
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit. The ability to make an impact and see the rewards of your efforts.
- Ongoing training on the latest technologies to aid automation for accountants.
- Be part of a high growth industry and product.
- A challenging career in an innovative company.
- Opportunity to influence, working in an open climate, close to decision makers at large blue-chip enterprise with the possibility to make a difference.
- A competitive remuneration package, with flexible pension options.
MagicOrange is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We value and appreciate the diverse contributions and perspectives of all our employees.