MagicOrange is a leader in the IT Financial Management Software market recognised by Gartner with customers and presence in four continents. MagicOrange is a Software as a Service provider currently in a high growth phase. Our mission is to make people and organizations more valuable.
Location – Sandton or Durban
The primary objective of this position will be to produce and implement functional software solutions. The MagicOrange product is an exciting profitability and cost transparency offering which is pivotal to MagicOrange’s success.
This person will be a member of the MagicOrange team and operate in conjunction with the wider business, delivering measurable business results by developing high-quality software that is aligned with user needs and business goals.
Required candidate with ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly, have a consistent track record of delivery and excellent modern software development skills. Must be able to work across multiple facets of the project and juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time. Strong analytic capability and the ability to create innovative solutions. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is looking to grow their career in a fast-paced environment.
The primary responsibility of the Senior Full Stack Developer includes:-
- Working across the MagicOrange Tech stack, develop performant, robust, secure and maintainable software solutions using modern, industry-standard best practices and principles.
- Within a team environment, proactively analyze, clarify, code and unit test software, including features, defects and refactoring.
- Review existing delivery dates and work requirements with current knowledge set, analyze possible alternatives and communicate options and their affects, both technical and upon delivery date.
- Participate in code reviews, both of your own code and as a reviewer.
- Participate in project teams to create working software.
- Record and report status in an agile environment.
- Contribute ideas to planning, refinement and estimation and occasionally mentor other engineers.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing for delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Degree in Information Systems, Engineering or Computer Sciences or equivalent qualification preferred.
- +5 years solid experience operating as a Full stack or Backend Engineer.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL
- Excellent knowledge of C#
- Azure experience advantageous
- AAS experience advantageous
- Azure DataFactory, Databricks knowledge useful, but not required
Skills and Requirements
- Strong Mathematical, Analytical, Conceptual and Problem-Solving Abilities
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Solution Driven
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Ability to find the root cause of problems and quickly determine effective solutions
- Troubleshooting, analytical and attention to details
- Ability to anticipate risk
What we Offer
- An open and collaborative culture with a strong entrepreneurial spirit. The ability to make an impact and see the rewards of your efforts come to life.
- Ongoing training on the latest technologies to aid automation for accountants
- Be part of a high growth company and product within an expanding industry.
- A challenging career in an innovative company.
- Opportunity to influence, working in an open climate, close to decision makers at large blue-chip enterprise with the possibility to make a difference
- A competitive remuneration package, with flexible pension options
- Flexibility to structure your work-life balance within an outcome orientated environment