DIVISION: MAGICORANGE SA
LOCATION: DURBAN, SOUTH AFRICA
The primary objective of this position will be to produce and implement functional software solutions. The MagicOrange product is an exciting profitability and cost transparency offering which is pivotal to MagicOrange’s success.
This person will be a member of the MagicOrange team and operate in conjunction with the wider business, delivering measurable business results by developing high-quality software that is aligned with user needs and business goals.
Required candidate with ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly, have a consistent track record of delivery and excellent software developer skills. Must be able to work across multiple facets of the project and juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time. Strong analytic capability and the ability to create innovative solutions. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is looking to grow their career in a fast-paced environment.
The primary responsibility of the Senior SQL Developer includes:
- Designing database tables and structures for large datasets
- Creating/Analysing & Optimizing of views, functions, indexes and stored procedures
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases
- Writing optimized SQL queries for integration with other applications
- Profiling server resource usage, and optimize and tweak as necessary
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries (GDPR and POPIA compliance) through multiple data centres and Azure regions.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and Azure ‘big data’ technologies.
REQUIRED LEVEL OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree or relevant technical qualification
- +3 years solid experience with T-sql, database admin, query & proc optimization and tuning and SQL profiling, security monitoring.
- Excellent knowledge in SSIS, SSRS and Data Warehousing using the Kimble methodology
- Excellent knowledge in developing SSAS cubes in SQL Server. AAS experience preferable.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Proven Knowledge of MDX, PowerShell, tracing of stored procedures
- Strong Knowledge of SQL Server. Azure SQL preferable.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL queries, stored procedures and triggers
- Azure Dataflows, Databricks knowledge beneficial, but not required
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong Mathematical, Analytical, Conceptual and Problem-Solving Abilities
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Solution Driven
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Ability to find the root cause of problems and quickly determine effective solutions
- Troubleshooting, analytical and attention to details
- Ability to anticipate risk