Showback & Chargeback
Give your stakeholders insight that allows them to make astute consumption choices by providing highly granular results coupled with relevant reports and analytics. Wherever you are in your cost allocation journey, leverage MagicOrange to expedite your journey and increase your cadence, output, accuracy and insights of your allocation process. Move from annual time consuming and resource intensive manual processes to many automated iterations in a month.
What is Showback?
Showback is Showing your stakeholders insight into what their consumption and related IT/Shared Service allocation would be. Showback is typically informative and for management reporting purposes.
What is Chargeback?
Chargeback is simply show back that is then reflected into your organisation’s general ledger via a journal where consuming business unit’s consumption is recovered from them.
Do You Need Assistance With Any of the Following?
Do your business partners consume shared services like they are free?
Are you planning to start building a showback and chargeback process?
Is your showback and chargeback calculation process too onerous and time consuming?
Are you taking a long time to get to a showback/chargeback process?
MagicOrange Can Help You Realize These Benefits
Implement smarter usage of shared service resources
Increase shared services credibility via increased transparency
Shifts the conversation from cost to value
Calculate accurate profit margins
Feed accurate data into your budgeting cycle
Expose what levers consumers can control to manage their charges
Who MagicOrange Helps
Struggles to defend the true cost of shared services and measure asset utilisation effectively
- Understand shared services spend
- Predict future shared services spend
- Find opportunities to run shared service departments more effectively
Experiences difficulty in allocating complex shared service costs
- Understand and manage the total cost of ownership of shared products and services
- Create accurate budgets which can be explained
- Be empowered to show shared service spend and future requirements
Has an incomplete view of allocated shared services costs
- Be empowered to make smart decisions concerning the use of shared services
- Understand and address inefficient usage of shared services
- Receive a true profit margin for delivering services and products to market