- Defining the IT services that will be offered is critical, so that costs and usage data can be accurately assigned.
- Creating a customer facing service catalog with SLAs and unit costs is the ideal, however if that is not possible given time nor budget constraints then a simpler service listing can be created initially in order to move forward.
- The service listing should include the following at a minimum;
- Description of the service
- Service owner / department responsible for delivering the service
- Units of measure for the service
- Consumers of the service
- Performance metrics / SLAs
IT SERVICE CATALOG
FOUNDATIONAL ELEMENT FOR ALL IT ORGANIZATIONS
Provides a single customer facing reference source for all IT services offered.
- Improved transparency and customer satisfaction
- Demonstrates the value of IT
- Ease of service ordering and interfacing with IT
- Documents service levels for each service (SLAs)
- Leads to more efficient consumption of services